To provide the safest environment for our children, we want to provide the Derby community with additional resources to best educate and protect our students, faculty, and families in light of COVID-19.
We've successfully welcomed students back to campus this fall, but we'll need to work together as a community and adhere to our re-opening plan's health protocols to mitigate risk and maintain our optimal health. Please check back often for important community announcements and helpful resources about COVID-19.
Derby's COVID Task Force Members
Joell Bianchi, MD - Mass. General Hospital
Suzanne Bradshaw, MD - East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
Curtis Cetrulo, MD ’85, Derby Trustee, Mass. General Hospital
Wenliang Chen, MD - Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Susannah Murphy, PhD
Lori Cashman, President, Derby Board of Trustees
Jake Heller, Treasurer, Derby Board of Trustees
Demi Isenstadt, Derby Trustee, Degree Candidate MGH Institute
Jennifer Newell ’90, Derby Trustee, Asst. Principal Foster School
Maura Harold, RN
Tom Reid, Interim Head of School
Kate Howell, Head of Middle and Upper School
Mary Beth Murphy, Interim Head of Primary and Lower School
Sarah Driscoll, PA-C
Philip Cantillon, CFO
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers resources about the Coronavirus including symptoms, commons questions, and steps to prevent illness.
NAIS resources and information on how to talk to children about news and traumatic events.
Open Circle’s How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
Parent Resource from NASP: Talking to Children about COVID-19
American School Counselor Association’s Coronavirus Resources
ChildMind’s Talking to Kids About The Coronavirus
- What sources guide our re-opening plan and policies?
- When should I keep my child home from school?
- What is the protocol if a student or teacher develops COVID-19-like symptoms during the day?
- Is the school nurse’s office the same place other children with "routine" illnesses are sent?
- What if a student or staff member has a member of their household with a positive diagnosis of COVID-19?
- How will you notify those who may have been exposed to a staff member or student with COVID-19?
- Where can I get tested for COVID-19?
- How do you define "exposure" to someone?
- What about After School programming?