The Derby Fund
The Derby Fund enriches each student's Derby experience.
The Derby Fund creates opportunities that empower our students to discover the joy of learning and build the confidence to face the future with boldness and curiosity. The Derby Fund makes up approximately 7% of the School’s operating budget and helps fill the gap between tuition and the true cost of a Derby education.
Over the course of the year, in honor of Derby's founding in 1784 we’ll be sharing with you the top 1,784 reasons to support the Derby Fund—here are just a few:
- Small class sizes that allow teachers to respond to students’ individual needs
- Art and Athletic programs that inspire creativity and value teamwork and respect
- Faculty professional development that allows teachers to delve deeper into their craft and bring that knowledge back into the classroom
- Superior technology that spurs innovation
- Financial Aid for new and returning students
Help us to add to the list and share your reason to give!
A strong Derby Fund provides the School the flexibility and nimbleness to meet specific needs and opportunities as they arise and helps Derby respond to educational changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The support of the Derby community is crucial to carrying out the School’s mission each year. We know that everyone's circumstances are unique and we appreciate your support at any level.
Leadership Giving Levels
Sarah Hersey Derby:
$25,000 and above
$15,000 – $24,999
$10,000 – $14,999
$5,000 – $9,999
We see what the Derby experience provides for growing minds. Derby has amazing academics, wonderful athletic opportunities, and extensive curriculum choices, but what really defines Derby is its commitment to “Improve Both Mind and Heart.” When kids are shown that they are respected and valued their potential is limitless…
Jennifer and Benjamin Gannett P’18,’23,'25