The Derby Academy Instrumental Music Program
provides a wonderful opportunity for our students to begin or further their study of instrumental and vocal music. Starting in Grade 1, children can select piano, guitar, cello or violin lessons. In Grades 3-8, a variety of lessons are offered in the full range of orchestral instruments. The faculty for the instrumental program are all professional musicians with degrees in music education or performance.
Click on the link below to register online. Registration Forms are also available for download from the Registration Forms download box at the top right of this page.
Additional Instrumental Lesson Details
SESSION FEES, REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
- One-Time Registration Fee: $30 per year
- Session I:
- Lesson Fee: $630
- Online Registration and Payment Due: September 9, 2019
- Session II:
- Lesson Fee: $630
- Online Registration and Payment Due: January 21, 2020
Standard lessons are 30 minutes. Longer lessons may be arranged at an additional cost by contacting the Summer & Auxiliary Programs Office.
- Financial Aid: Financial Aid is available. Please contact the Summer & Auxiliary Programs Office for information.
- Teachers who are absent will make up missed lessons.
- Students may make up two lessons if they are sick or sent home by the school nurse on lesson days. Make-up days are built into the schedule.
- Students will be supervised on campus until their lesson begins.
- Parents must pick up their child from the lesson location after their child’s lesson to assure their safety during after-school hours. If a parent is late, the child may be picked up at the Upper School Art Building.
- If a child is ill and cannot attend a lesson, parents must call the Summer & Auxiliary Programs Office and the teacher’s cell phone to cancel.
Students interested in renting instruments may contact the Summer & Auxiliary Programs Office for recommendations.