Tuition and Financial Aid
As a cornerstone of the vision of our founder, Sarah Derby, financial assistance helped create one of the first coeducational schools in the country and has impacted countless generations of families. Derby’s commitment to providing financial aid to qualified students and families remains a priority today.
|*PRE-K EXTENDED DAY (2 SESSIONS OFFERED PER YEAR)||TUITION|
|1 Day||$1,345 per session|
|2 Days||$2,690 per session|
|3 Days||$4,035 per session|
$5,380 per session
What Does Tuition Cover?
- Books and materials
- Field trips
- Art and woodshop supplies
- Athletic fees
(except ice hockey)
- Daily snacks
- Private bus transportation (limited to the Route 3A corridor from Duxbury to Hingham)
- Van service to and from Boston
- After school programs
- Tutorial fees
What is it?
Need-based monetary assistance provided by the School to reduce tuition cost to family.
What it’s not
It’s not a loan that needs to be repaid.
What does “need-based” mean?
The difference between the tuition cost & your family’s ability to pay.
How is “need” determined?
SSS analyzes Financial Aid application to estimate your contribution.
Total Amount Given
Range of AwardS
Average financial aid received
Towns represented BY families who receive aid
financial aid Distribution
Applying for Financial Aid
Derby Academy is committed to making its programs available to as many qualified applicants as possible each year, regardless of a family's ability to pay the full cost of tuition.
In order to allocate our financial aid resources in the fairest manner possible, Derby subscribes to the School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) in Princeton, which serves many independent schools throughout the country. Grants are awarded on the basis of need.
Please visit School and Student Services’ Family Resource Center page to begin the process. Log in or create your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) account. If you applied for financial aid last year, use your login information as a returning family.
Complete the PFS for the academic year you are applying for by January 15 for Pre-K. Kindergarten — Grade 8 applicants need to apply by February 10 . To submit the application, you will need to pay a $51 non-refundable fee. Once submitted, it can't be withdrawn from the system. After submitting the PFS, upload the required documents to the Family Portal’s “My Documents” section of the website by January 15 and February 10 respectively, so our Financial Aid Committee will have plenty of time to review your information.
What Happens After You Apply?
- SSS will make a recommendation of what your family can afford to contribute
- Derby will verify the information presented and calculate our ability to meet your need
- We will present you with a financial aid grant, if we are able to, and alert you to your expected contribution
- How is it determined if our family qualifies for financial aid?
- Will my child’s admission decision be negatively impacted if we apply for financial aid?
- How do I know if I should apply for Financial Aid?
- If I qualify for and receive financial aid for one year, do I have to reapply every year?
- Do you offer merit scholarships?