As a cornerstone of the vision of our founder, Sarah Derby, financial assistance helped create one of the first coeducational schools in the country and has impacted countless generations of families. Derby’s commitment to providing financial aid to qualified students and families remains a priority today.
|*PRE-K EXTENDED DAY (2 SESSIONS OFFERED PER YEAR)||TUITION|
|1 Day||$1,295 per session|
|2 Days||$2,590 per session|
|3 Days||$3,885 per session|
$5,180 per session
What Does Tuition Cover?
- books and materials
- field trips
- art and woodshop supplies
- athletic fees
(except ice hockey)
- daily snacks
- private bus transportation (limited to the Route 3A corridor from Duxbury to Hingham)
- van service to and from Boston
- after school programs
- tutorial fees
Applying for Financial Aid
Derby Academy is committed to making its programs available to as many qualified applicants as possible each year, regardless of a family's ability to pay the full cost of tuition. In order to allocate our financial aid resources in the fairest manner possible, Derby subscribes to the School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) in Princeton, NJ, which serves many independent schools throughout the country. Grants are awarded on the basis of need. Although we would like to be able to award grants to every student who qualifies, we will not be able to provide financial aid to all qualified families.
You may apply for financial aid at Derby Academy online at www.sss.nais.org. Enter the Website for Parents and Families page, which will allow you to complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) online. Please file the PFS by February 10 so our Financial Aid Committee will have plenty of time to review your information.
Business Office Contact
781- 749-0746 ext. 117
- How is it determined if our family qualifies for financial aid?
- Will my child’s admission decision be negatively impacted if we apply for financial aid?
- How do I know if I should apply for Financial Aid?
- If I qualify for and receive financial aid for one year, do I have to reapply every year?
- Do you offer merit scholarships?