Steps to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining the Derby community! Please follow the steps to apply below to begin the application process.
Submit inquiry form
Once you submit your inquiry form, you will receive instructions via email to create an account on our Admission Portal. From our Portal, you may begin working on your application, submit materials, check on your application's status, and get up-to-date admission information.
Attend one of our admission events or schedule a personalized tour.
Pay application fee of $50 per child.
Please email us at email@example.com for a fee waiver if the fee poses a financial hardship.
Schedule Parent/Guardian Interviews via zoom or in person.
Attend Pre-K - Grade 1 Student Assessment or Schedule Grade 2-8 Visit Day
Submit supporting documents.
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- Teacher Evaluation form(s) completed by current teacher(s)
- School Records Request Form & Transcript
Applicants to Grades 5-8: Register for the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
If interested, apply for Tuition Assistance via the SSS website.
Derby Academy’s school code for the SSS process is 2794.
Application Dates and Deadlines
- Application Process Completed By: January 15*
- Assessment Date: morning of January 20 - time slots to be assigned
- Tuition Assistance Application Due: January 15
- Decision Notification: February 1
- Deposit Due: February 12
*All parts of process except for Assessment on January 20
- Application Process Completed By: February 5*
- Pre-K, K, Gr. 1 Assessment Date: morning of February 10 - time slots to be assigned
- Grade 2-8 Visit Day: scheduled individually between November 9 and February 22
- Tuition Assistance Application Due: February 5
- Decision Notification: March 8
- Deposit Due: April 10
*All parts of process except for Assessment & Visit Day
Please note that those applying to Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Grade 1 must be 4, 5 and 6 years of age respectively by September 1 of the entering year.