You have questions. We have answers.
As you begin your search for the right school, there are a number of questions to consider. Here are answers to some of the frequently asked questions we receive from families.
- Does Derby Host Open Houses?
- Why do families choose an independent school over public schools?
- Can my son/daughter spend a day at Derby?
- What is your average class size?
- How many openings are available in each incoming class?
- What are the typical admissions entry points?
- How much homework do students have?
- Does Derby offer transportation to school?
- What is the typical number of students enrolled at Derby and how many students are in each grade?
- What is the deadline for submitting an application?
- When is the financial aid application deadline?
- Can a candidate apply to Derby after the application deadline?
- Which standardized tests are required?
- How competitive is Derby pool of applicants?
- When are candidates notified about Derby’s admission decisions?
- What happens once my child is accepted?
- What secondary school and colleges have students matriculated to in the past?
- How are faculty hired and retained at Derby?
- How are parents involved in the school?
- How are alumni involved at your school?